This event includes multiple classes.
All classes are included in the price.
Does longarm quilting interest you, and you’d like to learn more about it? Or do you just want a review of longarm basics? This class removes the mystery of longarm quilting by explaining machine and frame elements and features, how to load a quilt, and vital facts about thread, needles and tension. Handi Quilter longarm and frame systems come in various sizes for every budget, are user-friendly because they are designed by a quilter, for quilters – just like you!
• Basic machine and frame elements and features
• Bobbins, tension, needles, and thread
• How to load a quilt onto a frame
• Quilting with Groovy Boards and pantographs
• Rulers, Micro Handles, and basic free motion
Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or considering a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with a Pro-Stitcher. New owners – start here!
• Overview of support resources available on-line
• Overview of menu and basic functions and design catalog
• Fit a design to a block using Skew and Resize, XForm and Align
• Demonstration of the Pro-Stitcher Simulator
• Overview of Art & Stitch
This class of quilting applications is an extension of Part 1 and addresses specific functions and basic techniques a quilter will use on a regular basis to finish quilts with the HQ Pro-Stitcher. Tips and shortcuts for using features of the program are included.
• What’s the difference between Reposition, Nudge and Drag and Drop?
• The many ways to describe an Area on your quilt
• Using Skew 1 vs Skew 2
• Set up, crop, wrap and advance edge-to-edge designs
• Quilt straight lines the easy way with Move and Channel Locks
This event will be held at Handi Quilter Headquarters in North Salt Lake.